Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rogers Pass on CDT on windy, clear day

A selfie at an angle on top of Divide looking toward Red Mountain

Looking east across Montana 200 toward Rogers Peak

Glorious cloud formations above a windblown Continental Divide Trail
Our Wayne's Wednesday Walk group bailed on a planned Little Belts trip near Showdown, but I took one look at the western horizon and saw clear, blue skies.
I'm always up for a drive to the Rocky Mountain Front and the Continental Divide Trail, if only for a short hike.
A short it was, about 1.5 miles roundtrip and about 800 feet in elevation gain, but I got terrific views of the snow covered mountains on the west side and the tawny brown plains to the east as I climbed to the divide on the west (Cadotte) side of the trail.
It was massively windy and there was a couple of inches of new snow atop ice and windblown trail.
I haven't been posting consistently, although I've had several other tele trips near Showdown.  I've been traveling extensive to see a grandson in Kansas City and an aging mother in Chicago.

No comments: